Do you think that the way you present yourself can affect the first impression people have of you?

Sunday 6 March 2016

Dress Down Fridays- Yay or Nay?

Why haven’t a lot of companies incorporated this rule into their policy yet? I think it is a fantastic idea that so many more companies should be willing to do and introduce into their business. After a long week at work, working super hard and staying focused, the last thing you want is to take a long time to get ready and fix yourself. Sure you still need to look professional, but you can make jeans and a sweater look professional can’t you? From someone who works for a company that has a dress down Friday rule, I can say that it absolutely does make a difference in my mood and how I perform. The fact that the week is done and I get to go to work in jeans and a sweater actually makes a difference- I don’t know how but it does. I think it’s because I’m working in more comfortable clothes and have the option of just throwing my hair up in a ponytail. With that being said, everyone else around you is in a good mood which just adds to the overall atmosphere of the job which is always a good think to have positive vibes flowing back and forth. Casual Fridays are said to be a way to reward employees on an ongoing basis for their hard work. To some it seems like an early feel to the start of the weekend and myself included feel like the day goes by a lot faster! Dress down Fridays are a morale booster that doesn’t require any money or investment from the company. Employees perceive casual days as a benefit and reward for hard work that was done throughout the week. It fosters a sense of community among them and allows them a little more personal expression. Like I stated before, physical comfort can translate to greater productivity. Who wouldn’t prefer a t-shirt over a collared shirt? Or some cute flats over those 3 inch heels? I know I would! What do you think? Should dress down Fridays be a rule that every company should start implementing into their policy? Or do you think that it would just be a distraction and prevent people from working? If you were a boss running your own company would you initiate this policy? I definitely would so I could give my workers a relaxing, calm Friday that they deserve. Let me know what you would do in the comments below!

Photo Retrieved From: http://headlines.uk.com/does-dress-down-friday-improve-employee-engagement/

Kooser, A. (2015). Dress-Down Days as a Morale Booster. Retrieved from: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/dress-down-days-morale-booster-1231.html

1 comment:

  1. สล็อต ทางเข้าเล่นที่ดี เว็บออนไลน์ วอเลท เกม pg slot ออนไลน์ยอดฮิตมากที่สุดในขณะนี้ เว็บ pg มาพร้อมเกมส์ออนไลน์ PG SLOT เกมที่มีให้เลือกเล่นมากกว่า 100 เกมให้เลือกเล่น

    ReplyDelete